AEW Dynamite typically airs on TNT on Wednesday evenings from 7-9pm CT. The first episode aired on Oct 2nd, 2019. All Elite Wrestling celebrates their first year of TV programming with their Anniversary Show on Wed, Oct 14th, 2020. I thought it would be a neat idea to take a look at some fun statistics and numbers regarding their Dynamite matches.
Here are some interesting statistics spanning matches from Oct 2nd, 2019 – Oct 7th, 2020.
There was a total of 285 matches spanning 48 hours, 13 minutes and 18 seconds.
Average match lasts 10 minutes and 9 seconds.
- There were 163 Singles Matches (1 on 1).
Average singles match lasts 8 minutes and 55 seconds.
- 30 minutes 58 seconds: The length of the longest singles match on AEW Dynamite — between Kenny Omega and PAC on Feb. 26, 2020. It was an Iron Man match with a 30 minute time limit that went to sudden death over time.
- 7 seconds: The length of the shortest match in AEW history — between MJF and Shawn Dean on September 16th episode of Dynamite (Episode 50 taped on September 10th).
- There were 83 Tag Team Matches (2 on 2).
Average tag team matches lasts 11 minutes and 59 seconds.
- 21 minutes 29 seconds: The length of the longest tag team match on AEW Dynamite — where Sammy Guevara & Shawn Spears defeat Cody & Darby Allin on April 1, 2020 on Dynamite #26.
- 1 minute 59 seconds: The length of the shortest tag team match on AEW Dynamite — between The Nightmare Sisters (Allie & Brandi Rhodes) defeat Kenzie Paige & MJ Jenkins on July 15, 2020 on AEW Dynamite #41 – Fight For The Fallen 2020.
More fun numbers:
7 hours 47 minutes 25 secs.
Kenny Omega was the most utilized wrestler on Dynamite in terms of in ring time. He was in 31 matches.
4 hours 4 minutes 25 secs.
Cody had the most number of singles matches. He was in 20 singles matches, 8 of which were weekly matches to defend his TNT belt.
Explore the data below on this Tableau dashboard.
Data was retrieved from Cagematch The Internet Wrestling Database. The scraping was performed using Python and Beautiful Soup. The data was then written to JSON files and imported into Tableau for analysis.
This is a subset of data that includes only matches aired on Dynamite. Singles matches are classified as one-on-one matches involving at most two wrestlers. Tag Team matches are classified as two-on-two matches involving at most four wrestlers. Others include all other matches that are not Singles or Tag Team matches, such as three-way or four-way matches, battles royal, handicap matches, etc.
More details can be found here.